Monday 14 May 2012

Money, Money, Money

"You know, I thought money's everything"
-Kuram (his answer when my dad asked why he's leaving Doha for good, and to think that he has a good income here)

It was such a cliche sentence. But so true. I actually wanted to butt in and say, "It is." HAHA But we all know that wasn't true. The way he said it, and the way he added that he may not get as much salary in his hometown but he's happy there with his family and friends.

I mean let's face it, money can bring you a whole lot of things. It can even buy you happiness, but at the end of the day, the saying, "the best things in life are free" is pretty accurate.

I stared at the streets, road and people that we passed by, looked into the sky and thought what he said was the most important lesson I heard today.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment