Tuesday 25 September 2012

Not Today

“There is only one god, and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.”
-Syrio Forel


Death of a dear one is the hardest thing humans have to go through. Screw poverty, politics and broken hearts. Death. Without a doubt is that one thing we never which to happen. It is a tragedy that no one can prevent.

Today, in particular was a very sad day for the family. My uncle's wife died of an unknown sickness. You know what's fucked up? They just got married for almost three weeks. And my mum was tasked to break the news to him. They made him sit on my bed and told him. The moment was surreal, it's like a nightmare that you want to get out off. It wasn't like heartbreak. It was more like your heart was ripped right off your cages, your soul emptied, your world, your reality crashed down on you.

Growing up with a solid Catholic foundation, we were always taught that death is not the end but just the beginning. That there are greater and grand plans awaiting for you. That the love of you life, now dead cold and rotting is meant to die on you. But setting aside beliefs and religion and rationale, I can say that what people are telling you about meant-to-happen and reasons: CRAP. They are just telling you that, but fucking ask them the reason, they certainly won't know. I know I don't mean this, because I truly believe that there are greater purpose for everything, but please, don't tell me these things when I'm in the middle of mourning.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is death is not a god. DEATH IS A BITCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment